Hi!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capduboh

Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Hello everyone! I'm new to the art of smoking and while doing some research, I happened upon this forum. Generally, I'm pretty active on forums so I figured I'd hop in chat and say hello.

I just purchased my first smoker which is a Weber Smokey Mountain. I've heard really good things about it and I got a pretty good deal. It seems like it will fit my needs very well. I am a long time griller (weekend warrior) but I got tired of paying good ol Randall down the street for my BBQ!

I heard some of you in chat saying you were from PA. I plan on taking a ride up to Blairsville tomorrow and picking up some wood. Have any of you purchased wood from Chuck's Smokehouse before? I noticed they have a website and I'm hoping I will be able to just drive there and pick some up (as opposed to shipping it).

Anyhow, I have some really good home made recipes for dry rub and sauce I will probably share with you guys at some point as well as ask numerous questions I'm sure you've heard before. Good night and good eats!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky