hi new to this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimv112563

Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
NY
hi I never cooked like this before. Do you put chicken on raw or do I need to soft boil it frist

Hello.  Chicken goes on raw.  How about swinging by Roll Call and introduce yourself so we can say a proper Howdy.  Tell us about your smoker and your location so that we can offer advice specific to you.  Good luck.  Have fun.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Jimv , hello. Welcome to the SMF Family. Hope you like it here and decide to call it home.
Beer.gif

Being as you have a lot of questions, sign-up for the 5-Day Q-course. You will be glad you did, lots of great info. You can ask all the questions you care to and we'll help as we can .

Plese do introduce yourself at RollCall and the others will give you a rousing Howdy...

Send pictures(Q-view) of your equip. and everyone . Pets included .

Have fun and as always . . .

Hi Jim,

Don't mention "boil" to smokers....we smoke from raw to complete...
biggrin.gif
  Just be sure to monitor the internal temperature of the chicken at the breast and check it at the thigh.  Should be 165 degrees internal temperature before it's ready to eat.  To achieve crispy skin smoke the chicken at about 275 - 300 degrees on the pit.

And by the way...

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky