Hi, My Name is CaptainWoody

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captainwoody

Original poster
Mar 24, 2015
I am new to the forum and pretty new to smoking/grilling. I welcome all advise/tips/tricks. I live in MN and I wasn't going to let another season pass by without getting a grill/smoker. I've watched a million youtube videos and have always wanted to get into it. I look forward to learning and discussing this art with you all!

Welcome to the forum from a former brief resident of MN. You will find lots of great info on this site by searching or simply asking questions. Have you got yourself a grill or smoker yet?

Thank you Trabba! Yes I just picked up a Char-Griller from Lowes, I know it isn't "high end" but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It seems fairly well built though.Where abouts did you briefly reside in MN?

Welcome to the forum! Buy one yet or still shopping? Ask any ?s you have and someone here will be able to point you in the right direction.David.

It doesn't matter what you use, just that you learn how to use what you have. My first smoker was the ECB (El Cheapo Brinkman) to cut my teeth on before I upgraded. I lived for about a year in North Branch and about 8 months or so in Elk River.  

Thanks Sota! Yes I did get a Char-Griller. My first question is Lump or Briquettes? I've tried lump but I can't seem to maintain temps. I'm either too hot like 300 or too cold like 210.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful sunny day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome captain. The search bar at the top of the page is your best friend for finding out how to get the most out of that smoker. Hint. Buy some rtv High temp silicone sealer. There is lots of info on making that smoker work like a champ.

Thanks RMMurray.

I searched for the Char Griller and found lots of good stuff, specifically the mods. I tried a couple racks of ribs and I was leaking bad. I got some work to do on it but I'm looking forward to it, it will be fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky