Hi, I am a new member and I live in Wichita, Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dm4ks

Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I am a 37 year old , legally blind man, attending classes at Wichita, State University and I am unemployed while drawing Social Security Disability that does not want to live off the State for the rest of his life. My Family is struggling financially and I need to change that as quickly as possible.

My dad has a custom barrel shaped horizontal smoker, that is used for grilling and I want to turn it into a fully functional smoker. I love the outdoors, I love to eat high quality smoked meat, I love socializing and meeting new people; I need to learn how to smoke meats, become knowledgable as well proficient in everything about smoking quality meat, safe food handling, building all types of smokers, and the use of all the tools of the trade. I plan to turn this into a full time business.

So, let me go ahead and thank you in advance for your warm welcome, and I hope me being here is worthy enough for everyone's while.

Welcome, You've come to the right place. There is no question that can't be answered here. I learned that in this last year since I became a member. A lot of fine people willing to help.

Good luck

P.S. I live in Pratt

Welcome to SMF. I wish you the best in your new business. I think you are at the right place to get it up & running.

Welcome to SMF !

If you can't find out how to smoke & cook it here, it probably can't be done.

Bear

Welcome to the SMF. There is a large knowledge base here, so take advantage of all the great threads and posts. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF.. good luck with the business
icon14.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

It's great that you are tackling some of life's greatest challenges with a full head of steam.  I wish you the greatest success.  If I can be of any help with what limited knowledge I have don't bother to ask.   Glad you found us.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky