Hi from norther alberta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rogan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Hello; I discovered this forum several weeks ago looking for tips of smoked ribs; jerkey and such. Wow has my world exploded with new to me ideas about what I can do with meats and other foods. I have a un modified big chief smoker that I picked up on Boxing Day. So far I've done smoked then bbq ribs, chicken wings, and 5lbs of beef jerky. I've got a batch of ground turkey marinating over night and can't wait for tomorrow's creation. (Wife requested turkey jerky) look forward to reading more articles, experiences and tips. And to think my parents said smoking was bad for you....obviously never tasted food the right way.

welcome1.gif
   to SMF.

Welcome Rogan.  I was born and raised up in GP.  Good to see another member from my home town.  I hope you enjoy the forum.  Friendly and knowledgeable help all over the place.

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h3]  [/h3][h3]Gary[/h3]

Just got the last of my turkey jerky outta the oven. Used the mandarin teriyaki from hi mountain. Ended up buying a jerky gun today as the rolling pin and wax paper method was slowing me down and proving to be a little sticky. Tastes good, prefer the peppered mix myself but its a good start for turkey. Last 3 racks I used an apple wood for smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky