Hi from North Idaho!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thedudeabides

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Just joined SMF a few days ago - great site!  Been smokin' for a long time & like to build my own stuff - simple and cheap.  I've read a lot of messages about builds and never even heard of stuff going on.  Last project was +- 5K pounds and rolled.  Current proj is a early model fridge - never did one of these before.  Have it all tore down, think the 'tub' is porcelain - will drill/tap tomorrow.  Any body got ideas about new insulation - ripped the old junk out - I didn't think they made BROWN insulation...yummy!

Anyway y'all, wanted to say hi.  If anybody's up here near Sandpoint, ID, drop a line.
cool.gif

The Dude Abides

Dude, welcome to the SMF. Sounds like you're in the pan handle area of Idaho, that is a nice area. It's all good my friend.

This is going to get confusing. We now have two members with the user name of

"The Dude Abides  " and "TheDudeAbides" but I'm sure thing will work out, maybe Jay has moved from Des Moines to Sandpoint  ID. 

Welcome to the neighborhood  it's a fun place that has taught me and 30,000 others allot about smoking.My daughter goes to Sandpoint the last few years with her closest friends family . The pictures she has showed me are stunning ,Beautiful part of the world.Bill in MN    

Welcome Dude #2 !

Glad to have you with us!

LOL---I thought it was our old dude teasing us about being a new guy!

So would I be right in saying the difference between the two Dudes is our "old Dude" is "Spaced out", so to speak???

Hey dude, I didn't mean "old" as in old age!

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Now I'm confused also. There can't be 2 Dudes can there ???I'm not talking bad about you the new guy but where did Jay go to. How about this one (new Dude) Do you like pastrami and how do you make it. Maybe Jay got hit in the head and this is all he remembers is being a member of Smoking Meat Forum. Yea that's it I'm going with that one. So Welcome Dude to SMF. So you might know this is a great place but it is and you'll find a whole lot og good folks here that would help you to try and remember more things as the time goes by. Si kick back make a few smokers and keep us in the loop. How many guys in the white jackets do you think that it takes to keep this new dude down........................LOL

Welcome to SMF.  I am in Boise but get to Post Falls a few times a year. Maybe I will PM you next time I am up that way.  If you come to Boise let me know.

Wow - thanks for the welcome.  Not trying to steal any thunder from 'the original dude'...it's what I could come up with at the time.  I will take a look and see about coming up with something else...I wouldn't want somebody else to 'infringe' on my reputation...

Does anybody else have trouble posting pics or is it just my S L O W connection (aircard)...?

Wow - thanks for the welcome.  Not trying to steal any thunder from 'the original dude'...it's what I could come up with at the time.  I will take a look and see about coming up with something else...I wouldn't want somebody else to 'infringe' on my reputation...

Does anybody else have trouble posting pics or is it just my S L O W connection (aircard)...?
First day or so could be slow for a newbie. Something in the system security I think.

I could be wrong---I know it blocks pics at the start---Many have mentioned it.

Bear

Welcome Dude, Glad to have you here at SMF. Watch out this place is addicting. Don't forget to sign up for the e-course and post some q-view. Good Luck and Happy Smoking.

Welcome to SMF Dude. So are you as big a nut for the Big Lebowski as Jay is? He loves that movie and made me watch it. LOL

He is in the other I state of Iowa

Hi Scarbelly,

Yep - art imitates life, love the movie.  Daily I try to emulate the Dude (not Walter), Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffet...

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky