Hi from Alabama

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onemanlan

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
Birmingham, AL
Hey folks,

Found this forum not too long ago and decided to join. Need more BBQ folks in my life & this looks like a good place to do it. The forum activity & diversity seems like a good fit.

I've been smoking for ~4 years at this point. I've had a WSM 14, Weber Gasser, OK Joe Bronco, and KJ Big Joe. They were all taken by a tree fall. (busted album link, sorry)

Currently I have a Weber Performer 22, Humphreys Battle Box, and MB 560. Can't speak good enough about the grills.

WQEnU1jm.jpg
32Fz8HWm.jpg
qRCvm9lm.jpg

I'm happy to be here with you fine folks talking about BBQ with ya. Look forward to chatting with you all more, learning & sharing BBQ knowledge!

Last edited:
Thanks gents! Hope to contribute a bit here while learning a lot :) That fabrication forum is exciting to me(except my pocket book)!

Welcome from Iowa! Glad ya joined us! Any questions just ask!

Ryan

BigW., I've been pretty lucky in the grill dept if we're being honest. Started with the WSM 14 'R2D2' unit & outgrew it quick. Managed to pick up a few early grills second hand to reduce overall costs. The ones that were lost went into funding(insurance) the Battle Box & Weber 22. Decided to go big or go home with the Humphrey's BBQ as a primary smoker & Weber as the go to charcoal grill. Due to circumstances I've been displaced from my home & grills for a bit. During the away time I found the MB 560 on clearance. Decided to snap it up to try since I've always wanted with a gravity feed. Honestly if I could have 50 more smokers I would, but I'm reaching the point where I think one needs to leave before adopting another. I don't cook for huge crowds so what I have suits me and my family. I do miss the Bronco & the Kamado most from the first batch. Good grills.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Nice forum!

Welcome from Wisconsin. You've got some nice grills there, looking forward to some of your cooks. Post pics too!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky