Hi Eveyone I Can Use Some Well Wishes And Prayers If You Like

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's wishing you the best, Ron. It's better to get that taken care of now than take a chance on something bad happening. You should be out of there in no time.

Ron, my friend just went through this last week. His was worse then yours, he had to have a fake aorta placed in as his ruptured.

To give you encouragement he went in on Sunday, (emergency for ignoring it) and went home Friday. He is back to work today.

He said the worse part was the coughing they make you do after the surgery. But they had to crack his chest open, something you won't have to deal with in your proceedure.

It will go well and you will return to smoking all kinds of stuff in short order... and while we are symphathetic to your problem right now,.... as soon as your are fixed up and back to good health it will be game on with picking on your smokes again!!!!!!

Get well fast my firend!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Many prayers are being sent out to you. You have a big extended "family" here on SMF, with a lot of folks pulling for you.

It's very natural to be scared. I'm glad you can admit it. To often us men try to be tough and deny those feelings that just can't be helped. We're much better off acknowledging the fears, expressing them, and working with them.

You'll do just fine Ron. Please give us an update when you can.

Best wishes always,

Ron, I understand how scared you must be and I appreciate that, but it needs to be fixed now! My father died when his aortic aneurysm burst. That was 1991. Get it fixed and live a long life! We need you here!

Good luck Ron. This sucks but everthing will work out fine but you will be on a weight lifting limit and you need somebody to drive you home afterwards. Too bad your wife will not be thier to help you out. Again Best of Luck.

Ron,

I don't know anything about your procedure, but I do know about prayer; it works and you are in ours! in the past 8 yrs or so I have been in the hospital 3 times with as little as a 50/50 chance of pulling through and I know that prayer makes a difference.

Ron,

I wish you the best of luck and you will absolutely be FINE. Thank the lord that the person that screened you in those vans were at least talented and skilled enough to catch your aneurism. Most of those van or community screening companire DO NOT use registered Ultrasonographers (to help their bottom $$$ line) and consequently they find stuff that isn't there, as well as missing stuff that IS there on a consistant basis. I should know. I have been in the ultrasound field for over 3 decades. Take care dude and keep us all updated. You will be fine because those stenting procedures are the bee's knee's!

Prayers up for a quick procedure and a speedy recovery for you Ron.

My dad also had an aortic aneurysm and his was repaired using a stint. If I recall, we had him at the hospital at 6:00 am and they took him back to do the procedure at 10:00 am; at 12:00 pm he was in the recovery room and by 4:00 pm we were on our way home. The only complaint he had about the procedure were the weights that they placed on the incision to aid in the clotting and the fact that he wasn't allowed to move his legs because of the weights.

hey bud... you got a big family hear thinkin about you. more thoughts and prayers from minnesota. post up when your done and awake!!!

Ron, I understand your fear and I hope all of these fine folks words and prayers will help you to shed it.

Keep thinking about that extra special hug you'll get when you and Carol are reunited. Eye on the prize buddy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky