Hey, Y'all, from North GA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gaitingal

Original poster
May 11, 2007
Dawsonville, GA
Well, I'm jumping in with both feet. I have been reading this forum & a few others for a few months here, mainly being linked here through a search for a good SFB smokin' thnag.
I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of a Char-Griller Smokin' Pro. It should come today! I have the recommended modifications saved for reference, so, hopefully, I can begin w/ a decent smoker from the git-go.
Growing up, my Dad had a little ho-made pit built on the ground & MAN! Was that ever good eats. But, I don't want to be crawling around on the ground, plus, I want to be smoke-mobile. So, I bought myself a stand-up cmokin' thang.
I love to cook anyway & have wanted a smoker/grill for quite some time. So, here I am!
So, yep - me be's a newbie & I can hardly wait for any successes mixed in w/ the failures! I have so much info swimming around in my brain, I hope my learning curve won't be too scattered... Gonna need to build a mental file before I lose those tips & techniques, but that will happen by DOING!!
--Debbie in GA

welcome Debbie. This site is a fantastic source for info!
I'm way down south but come to GA frequently, if I can make it through the fires.

Welcome Debbie
icon_wink.gif

You have great enthusiasm and sure that you find your venture rewarding.....Just ask and you will receive here!

Howdy, howdy,howdy

I am fairly new here myself. I have to warn you though, I have been here long enough to learn that it is gonna take some time to try all of the great ideas 'round here. And as far as "Smoking failures", well there ain't no such thing, only learning expeirences.(some just not as tasty as others maybe)

Hello Debbie, I hope you don't have any plans for your week ends. Once you start smoking, you'll be looking forward to the week ends to see what else you can smoke. And belive me you'll never run out of things. Did you know you can smoke EGGS!! right in the shells.

Weicome, Glad you made! Wealth of info here....ask all the questions you need.....these folks have the answers!!

Your just up the road from me. I'm in the Canton/Holly Springs area. Just joined the forum as well, great people!!

On behalf of Canada ... welcome to SMF ...you will do good here and that is a promise!
icon_smile.gif

Before you know it ... you will be giving us advice!
Glad to have you with us ....

Welcome Debbie -

You'll find everything yo need here including more help than you can imagine.

Have you signed up yet for Jeffs free 5 day eCourse? That's a great place to start and your just on time to download Jeffs New and also Free "How to Smoke Meat" eBook!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Welcome to the forum Debbie. Don't be afraid to share your experiences or to draw from the knowledge of the friendly folks on the forum. Have fun.

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky