Hey Hey Hey....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

craig dexter

Original poster
Jun 18, 2018
New to the hobby...., Is it a hobby? Anyway bought a smoke hollow 4 in 1 gas/charcoal grill with offset smoker. did my first smoke today- 8 lbs of loin ribs. That thing leaks some smoke so I am already modifying...Butterfly latches and heat resistant sealing.
So ill be here asking tips soon. I used a lot of wood as the thing leaks heat. After mods I"ll smoke some birds.
Also the thermometer that came with it is not accurate. Good thing i have a cany thermometer.
Whats the best inexpensive lid mount one.

20180618_152102.jpg
20180618_151610.jpg
20180618_152102.jpg

Your ribs look really good. I have a question on you top vent. It looks like it was cut, bent and kinda jagged. Is it me or just the angle of the picture.

Chris.

Your ribs look really good. I have a question on you top vent. It looks like it was cut, bent and kinda jagged. Is it me or just the angle of the picture.

Chris.
that was just a quick fitment from a foil pan. I'm gonna get flashing soon for next cook..

Thanks, on my old char-griller duo I used an flexible metal dryer vent to get the stack down to grate level.

Chris

Reactions: craig dexter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky