Hey from Iowa!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I bought my current farm, me and the wife came out and looked at it. Me and the previous owner went over the barn and rode around the farm on his side by side (you know, the important stuff) while the women went over the house. I was pretty well sold and came back a few days later for a second look. It had been raining and there was fog rising out of the hollers. I stood on the back porch taking in a view much like it was yesterday after the rain quit. Right then and there, I knew this was my farm! Funny thing, the price was a little above what I wanted to spend so I wasn't even going to look at it, but my wife kept pushing me to.

View attachment 640466
Yeah, I know my fence needs a paint job. I'll get to it eventually lol.
Beautiful!

Fences, houses, people.. They all turn back into dust eventually. But the land will always be there, and their not making any more. Congratulations.

Reactions: DougE
Welcome from Virginia! I’m a displaced iowan, back in the early 90s I did a year or so of Burge chow.

Is Dirty John’s still there?

Reactions: spaz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky