Hey from Iowa!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spaz

Original poster
Aug 9, 2022
Hello folks, new here..

After eating at Texas road house the other day, I realize I miss t-bone steaks so much!

Anyway.. Thanks for having me, and here's a view from the porch..
67745694_2415676798479679_5013941372491661312_o.jpg

Love the pic! And welcome from another Iowan! Damn pretty moon tonight as well...from my porch...glad we don't have decks! Lol. Where abouts in Iowa?

Ryan

Reactions: spaz
Welcome from Kentucky! Nice view, by the way. I have a great view as well, but not that flat.

Love the pic! And welcome from another Iowan! Damn pretty moon tonight as well...from my porch...glad we don't have decks! Lol. Where abouts in Iowa?

Ryan
Thanks everyone.. I live in Iowa City, but the picture is from my property with mobile home between north English and Millersburg which my GF lives at. Its a old homestead.

Ive been eating at the U of I dorm dining halls almost everyday for the last two years.:emoji_confused: And although its good food and only $6 all you can eat, its getting old eating chicken breast everyday.. I need some T-bones on the weekend and trying to decided the best way to cook them.

Reactions: 912smoker
Absolutely nothing wrong. In fact I hadn't even stepped foot in the house when it was on the market and knew, I must have this property.. Budda and me just stare sometimes.

View attachment 640316
Buddy looks like a lap dog...nice looking dog! But what's all that green stuff he's sitting on...ours is mostly brown!

Ryan

Great looking view! And I agree with the pupper....I could sit and stare at that view for quite a while. Welcome to the forum we look forward to your posts and lots of pics (we are visually oriented here).
Jim

Absolutely nothing wrong. In fact I hadn't even stepped foot in the house when it was on the market and knew, I must have this property.. Budda and me just stare sometimes.

View attachment 640316

Budda has the right idea, I could sit there under that tree for quite a while also. Watching the deer play in the fields

David

Budda has the right idea, I could sit there under that tree for quite a while also. Watching the deer play in the fields

David
Exactly. We had a buck pawing scraping in the front yard when the GF moved in.

Oh, and I spelled the dogs name wrong. Its Buddha. The GF's daughter rescued him before the human society could get him. There's three generations of estrogen living out there now. You could say I rescued them, but now there's no room for me when I retire lol.. Oh well, guess I'll keep working.

117719085_3294899267224090_6838585965058327785_n.jpg
79373050_2684101951637161_8721989357289865216_o.jpg

When I bought my current farm, me and the wife came out and looked at it. Me and the previous owner went over the barn and rode around the farm on his side by side (you know, the important stuff) while the women went over the house. I was pretty well sold and came back a few days later for a second look. It had been raining and there was fog rising out of the hollers. I stood on the back porch taking in a view much like it was yesterday after the rain quit. Right then and there, I knew this was my farm! Funny thing, the price was a little above what I wanted to spend so I wasn't even going to look at it, but my wife kept pushing me to.

1660224174118.png

Yeah, I know my fence needs a paint job. I'll get to it eventually lol.

• Love
Reactions: spaz and DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky