Hey Everyone....

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by crscopenhagen, Jul 21, 2014.

1. crscopenhagen

crscopenhagen Newbie

My name is Derrick. I am just starting my smoking hobby. The rig i use is a Chargriller Trio because it allows me to do so much more than just smoke. I reside in West Central Arkansas with my wife and three daughters. I work in the Information Technology Field in a K12 School. I look forward to learning all the tricks and tips i can.

2. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Derick
    Welcome to the forum. I too own a trio and if you are just using the therm that came with it to measure your pit , then you are in for a bit of a shock!
    It could be as much as 50 degrees off! You need two at grill level to see how your pit is running . And Unfortunatly you r going to have to make the mods to get even heat. This forum has all the help you need . Just type in mods
    Good smoking

3. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Welcome from Canada Derrick! You have come to the right place to learn, look forward to reading your upcoming posts!

4. Hello Derrick, welcome to the forum

Gary S

5. crscopenhagen

crscopenhagen Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have already found some great info I plan to utilize most quickly. I will smoking my first brisket this weekend and will post pics of the smoke.