Hey everybody, just found the site. Glad to be here.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ace180d

Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
Hello to all my fellow smokers. I have been smoking now for several years. I have had some really good results and some really bad ones. I live in Oklahoma where hickory and oak are readily available. I use a Tejas Smoker. We moved here from Colorado a year ago. I do have one question. Every since I have been using Hickory my wife says that my meat comes out way too smoky. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem. I like a strong smoke but her not so much..Thanks in advance. Real happy to be here.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks! That's a tough question to answer, sounds like you two have different tastes so I guess you need to find a happy medium. Hickory and Oak can have a strong smoke flavor. You might have to find another wood that you both like. Here is a list of a bunch of different woods and what you might expect from them: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/guide-for-woods-used-to-smoke-food

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Hello  and [/color]
welcome1.gif
[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]  to SMF - glad to have you here [/color]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky