Here is my next smoke

Discussion in 'Pork' started by aussiemick, Apr 20, 2008.

1. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

for the bottom butt I am using a reg meat thermometer that i just stick in there. Also when i pull them out to wrap in foil I can shove one in the bottom butt.

2. placebo

placebo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like your well on your way to having some fine pig candy! Looks great Mick! Thanks for sharing.

3. Wow Mick...looking good. Sorry I am coming to the party a bit late but you seem to be doing just fine. I am still thinking about ways for our real time q-view cam. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

about 4 hours into the smoke and temps areat 156.

Yeh we need to work sothing out cause realtime q-view would be sweet.

Mick

5. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

Right now the temps on them is at 163 internal. I am getting ready to pull them ou and wrap them i foil and spray them some more

6. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

mick........i see one of your photobucket pics didn't come thru........are you also having problems with your photo's loading as i am here?

7. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

which one didnt come through? I know what my problem is. I uploaded the direct link on hee, then i moved the photo in photobucket to my folder and instead of reading text i clicked ok. So i broke the link to the pic

8. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Looking real good. Nice color on those butts. What was that orange flame shooting into the smoker on the left side of the pic?

9. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

that was from the heat box under the water thingie. No arm hairs were burnt in the making of the pics :)

10. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great and going pretty quick so far [​IMG]

11. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

Here they are just before being wrapped in foil at 165

So far everything seems to be going ok. Best Monday I have had in awhile.

Mick

12. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looking good have a beer for me. You finishing on the smoker or in the oven?

13. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

Put them back in the smoker, i am enjoying the sunshine and 80 degree day today. Left the crown at home so think it will be morgan today.

14. pineywoods

OH yea got the big dog out today enjoy your day off and the great weather[​IMG]

15. walking dude

left the crown at home?...........thought you WAS home doing these mick.........looking GREAT..........can't wait to see em pulled..........

16. pineywoods

He pulled out the Captain and hes actually off work I hope we get pulled pics [​IMG]

17. walking dude

i know he is off werk today piney........today and tomorrow.........but thought he would spend his days off at home...........since he has his smoker with him?

18. pineywoods

Hey WD the Captain, a smoker, a laptop, a camera heck he could be anywhere you looked out the window lately [​IMG]

19. walking dude

wow.........a upright propane smoker on a trailor........can't beat that.......

20. aussiemick

aussiemick Meat Mopper

Yeh I am at the ex's place. I have my smoker etc set up there. When I left my place 2 blocks away I left my crown there, so I have capt here. When the kid saw me light the thing up this morning she wanted to stay home from school and enjoy the fun of smoking.