Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john boy 84

Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
Newark ohio
I just started my first brisket. It is a 17 pound brisket and I'm doing it and my master built electric smoker house 30" I need some help with temps. I started it at 200 degrees and it has only been in for a hour. My internal temperature is reading 111. Can this be right?

I don't have an electric, but for an hour in and that size brisket, I'd say your on track...actually doing quite well. Did you have the meat sitting out prior to putting it in the smoker? I would verify your temps, but stay with it. I would turn your smoker temp up to at least 225. You'll need that to finish your smoke/slow cook. That size of meat you're most likely gonna have a stall around 150-160. Good luck and be sure to posts pics!

Reactions: john boy 84
I just started my first brisket. It is a 17 pound brisket and I'm doing it and my master built electric smoker house 30" I need some help with temps. I started it at 200 degrees and it has only been in for a hour. My internal temperature is reading 111. Can this be right?
the 30" is a good smoker.. Very even temps on it. 225 and go to bed..you will be fine. I have both the the 30 and the 40, and prefer the 30 bc of its smaller cooking chamber,, just my 2 cents

HT

That can't be right. Check your temp and where you put the probe. 220 is the temp I use or right around that temp. And never got to that temp that fast.

Okay guys it is 6am here after 18 hours in the smoker it looks and smells amazing. I have a internal temp of 190. At what temp should I think about wrapping it and letting it stand in a cooler? I'm in no hurry. Eating dinner at 3:00 today and yes I will post pictures. Thanks for all the help.

Start checking it with a tooth pick or probe & when it goes in with little to no resistance like room temp butter, then it's done.

This could be anywhere between 195-205 IT.

Al

I've got my flat wrapped in foil and a towel in a cooler. My point is cubed soused and back in the smoker. What temp/time should I leave them? The point was extremely tender and juicy. You guys have been a life saver! I will tell all my friends and family about this forum. Will post pictures when it is all completed.

GALLERY]
[/IMG]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky