Help with these steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What we eventually did was smoke them to 115° IT and covered loosely with A. foil to get them to stop cooking. They sat for about 2 hours and then I grilled them to 130° IT.

Most of the people had never had smoked meat before, and they were cooked how I like them, everyone was pleased. The searing took too long and the surface of the steak was to tough.

I will never do this again, thanks for everyone's suggestions. I will get a portable smoker though.

I'm glad it worked out. Those are some good looking steaks they gave you. I would have told the party folks that I dropped the steaks on the ground or the dog licked them. Then substituted the steaks for some hamburgers. LOL

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky