Help With Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
I have a contest at work with a coworker on who has the best ribs. Not wanting to sound like I have a big head, but I really don't think it'll be much of a contest. Let's see if I can remember how he put this. "first I grill them fo 20 minutes on each side, then I put them in the oven." MMMmmm sounds really tastey.NOT! My problem is I never put sauce on my ribs I always just put it out in a little bowl on the side. But I think the guy's at work have always had it on the ribs. I'll be using Jeff's G.G.S.A. sauce so I know the sauce is no problem. But I'm not sure how long before the ribs are done do I put it on. I'll be using the 3-2-1 method on the spare ribs. I've read so many different articles with some many differant times for adding sauce. But I've learned if you want any answers to your question this is the place. So if anyone can help me out here.... Thank you. Heck I tried to explain to him he's not even BBQing he's just grilling. But he knows it all. So I figure just let the guy's taste some REAL BBQ.
This is war
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

you want to paint them during the last hour. i ususally do it every 15 to 20 minutes or when the sauce kinda looks like the ribs have sucked it up. you can also add a little to the foiling for a little bit of extra taste in the meat not just on

Here's a little food for thought. You said you serve the sauce on the side, and were going to change to impress co-workers. My thoughts, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Depending on the number of ribs you are doing, do a few with sauce and the rest your way, that way there is less chance for a real screw up. Not that I have ever had one, just my .02 worth

I just made a rack of bb ribs yesterday. Using the 2-2-1 method. I added the sauce the last hour and they were perfect, saucy taste but not dripping, great color too.

Good luck!

LAst hour is the right time for sauce - but if you make good ribs why change? The suce might be the worst thing. Everyone likes their own style of sauce. I'd keep it on the side and show them your ribs are so good they don't really need sauce - but if they want it - it's there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky