Help! With Ribs & Chicken Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tidesmoker

Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Hey guys,

I have a MES30" smoker, and I've got to cook 2 half chickens and a rack of baby backs.

If I was doing just the ribs....I would go 2-2-1 method at 225 degrees.

When/How does the chicken play in?  Will this extend cooking time? Etc...

Any info will be helpful.  Thanks!

the larger piece of meat will take x amount of time and the smaller will take less. I would suspect all to be done about the same time with what you have going on. I would put the ribs above the chicken as well. Also you might think about brining that poultry. You can figure about an hour and a half for each pound but would want to go by internal temperature on the chicken for sure. If you have two 5 pound chickens figure for 5 pounds not ten. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: tidesmoker
TideSmoker,

Have you done this smoke yet?  I read this as you have 1 - chicken cut in half.  There is no way that the chicken will take as long as the ribs.  Chicken doesn't have to breakdown muscle tissue like pork.

always put the chicken in the smoker so it will not drip on your other meats . its a cross contamination thing ......      Good Luck !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky