Help with pricing peach wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SelmerOrchards

Original poster
Jan 21, 2021
I've been googling trying to find how to price our peach wood. I found this forum and it seems like you guys are pretty serious and knowledgeable about smoking meats! We have a pretty large peach orchard (800 trees) and are pruning right now. A local restaurant is interested and we need help with pricing. I want to be fair and don't need top dollar, heck we liked their food so much we asked just to barter! But what would yall suggest as a fair price? Peach wood is one of the harder woods to come by so I know its worth more than apple, oak, hickory etc.

Any insight would be appreciated. And if allowed on this site if any one is interested i would be happy to offer our wonderful peach wood to you. I ship daily with my real job and am a prompt and professional individual. I'm paypal verified. Thanks for reading. Selmer Orchards TN.

Fruit woods pretty pricey around here. I pay 180 a rick for hickory/cherry mix. That's delivered and stacked. 200-225 a rick is what I'm seeing for apple and that's not delivered. Peach would fall in the apple range.

Reactions: SelmerOrchards
Damn $540 a cord is expensive and 600-675 a cord is amazing.

If I bought a cord it woul be cheaper obviously. But I buy my smoker wood by the rick. The cherry makes it a little more expensive.

For my firewood I use in my fireplace I buy "mixed hardwood" that runs me 300 per cord which I don't feel bad about

Reactions: SelmerOrchards
Damn $540 a cord is expensive and 600-675 a cord is amazing.
As far as a full rick of fruit wood here in tennessee goes.......I suppose if you run a bbq joint and you are consuming mass amounts of wood you can find better deals. But for people smoking in their backyard a rick of un-mixed fruit wood is definitely gonna cost you a couple hundred

Dang I need to start looking around. Last cord of mixed hard wood I baught was $140 delivered(not stacked) not sure about fruit woods.

Reactions: zwiller
Lol if you can get me a cord of mixed hardwood for 140 I'll drive up and get it.
Thats what I'm saying... Crazy difference in prices. I'll check around but we still have a lot of ash getting cut up.....not sure about laws on moving that stuff state to state

No transport between county's or states unless its been heat treated, hauled a big load home 100 miles from my aunts home years ago, shag bark hickory, it lasted several years, that was when I was starting to get into smoking and was learning things on the net lol

It would have to be the size of your forearm or bigger to pull those prices quoted around here at least.
There is no way I'd buy any wood for 300 a cord stacked nope that ain't happening unless it is yellow cedar burl. LOL

Dang I need to start looking around. Last cord of mixed hard wood I baught was $140 delivered(not stacked) not sure about fruit woods.
YEP. Wood cost is more about labor here. I recall the delivery fee was like almost half the cost. I know a few buddies in the business that would allow me to pickup whatever I want for free. The local orchards throw all their pruning trim on the front of their property for free. I pay back by buying from them when in season. Peach is a little harder to find here but strangely my 2nd home had a large overgrown peach tree... Point is market price is HIGHLY variable. I like your idea to barter! Maybe some kind of gift card arrangement and use the fruitawood site as a starting point. You might also consider contacting them to sell since you have 800 trees. Also, I would suggest a FB marketplace ad or CL ad for selling some. Might help the bottom line a bit. Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky