Help with 25 lbs of brisket on a traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjsmoke

Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Redmond, WA
Hey everyone, I have 25lbs of brisket to do on a traeger texas smoker, any idea on how long I should smoke it for. Any help is appreciated.

What are the cuts?  Points?  Flats?  Both?  Are they separated or not?  One piece, 2 or 4?

Generally for a packer brisket, you're looking at between 11-15 hours cook time if you maintain 225-250* in the cook chamber.  Smaller pieces cook faster.  It's not really about time; it's about meat temp.  "It's done when it's done" is the motto around the smoker.  Your 2 main temp goals are:

165* -- smoke until you hit this mark, then foil (you will hit a plateau or "stall" -- wait it out & don't panic.  The connective tissues are breaking down.)

195-205* for slicing or pulling.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response they are 3 flats. I will simply grab the lawn chair and cooler and hang out after about 12 hours, could be worse.

icon_cool.gif

Yepper I would fill that cooler full of beer and you are set. Now you have some good eaten there. So Don't forget the Q-view for us out here too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky