Help to pick between two smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerc008

Original poster
Jul 22, 2016
Hello there fellow smokers.  Name is Jonathon and wife is Tina.  We are from Valparaiso, Indiana. 

We currently own a Weber Smokey Mtn. 18" smoker and love the results from it.  However, after recently visiting some friends in Colorado, we had the opportunity to use their Traeger Select Pro....needless to say, we fell in love with the Pellet Smoker/Grill idea.  So after researching for the past week I have narrowed down our choice to the Traeger Pro Series 34 or the Louisiana Grill Series 900.

So between those two, can I get some recommendations on either or please?  The LG has more square inches and is $100 cheaper, plus has the searing aspect to it and can reach 600 degrees supposedly.  So that's the one I'm leaning towards, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and  
welcome1.gif
  to both you and your wife.

Glad you decided to hang out with us.

Have fun.

Ed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky