Help selecting an offset smoker for Dad’s birthday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad to see its going in the right direction for your family.
As far as the lighting goes I would look for something in LED it would be much brighter.

Warren

Reactions: ehill03
Update: my folks visited LSG and Dad was very impressed!Thanks for everyone’s feedback helping us get to this point. I think we will likely go with the 20x36 offset smoker with a few add-ons. Unfortunately, the base cost of these smokers has just gone up $100 in the last few days, so our budget has tightened in terms of how many extras we can spring for. If anyone has strong feelings (pro or con) about add-ons, would love to hear them!

*Another item we are very keen to find: a very good bbq lamp or light for evening & night use (the brighter and more user-friendly the better given my dad’s vision problems).

Thanks again, smoking pros!

We just set these up over here. Using 3 to light up the offset, kettle and griddle area.

Last edited:
Ive not had any of these but, Google Search...Super Bright Grill Lights, for a good selection. ..JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky