HELP PLEASE! ANYONE IN THE WINSTON SALEM NC AREA!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Original poster
I am cooking 6 butts for a function monday. My buddy was supposed to be lending me a hand and letting me use his smoker but is now taking it out of town with him this weekend. I have an ECB and can only do 2 butts at time with it. If anyone in my area would be willing to let me use their rig we can hang out, cook, and I will provide food and of course beer. I plan on doing the smoke sat or sun depending on circumstances.

Last edited:
Must not be a real buddy. I would luv to help you out on the beer, butt I live to far away. I would start smokin at 4:00pm Sunday afternoon, so they should be done around 8:00am or so Monday mornin' and then wrap in foil and put in a cooler and wrap with towels. Then just take the cooler with you to work and pull the butt just before you eat, it should still be HOT.

Good Luck

Smoke the heck out of them for the first 4 hours, and then finish them off in the oven.  Put in another batch and repeat.

Good Luck!

Todd

Wish I was closer than a couple hour drive I'd be glad to smokem' up with you!  Although I do need to get up that way and pick up a couple barrels! 

Yay! Go Solar! Man, what a guy to step up to the plate, umm, smoker. I hope you can help this guy out and if it works out please would one of ya take pics?

I may just see you there if you go to the one off of Hanes Mall Blvd. You can get better prices on Boston Butts at Chefsmart on Stratford though. 
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky