HELP! Camp Chef smoker now won't turn on!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kurt boutin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Southern NH
I went to start a cook today, plugged everything in, clicked the power on, the display came on for a second, then shut down. Now nothing. At all.

I looked at the fuse...it LOOKS ok, but I'm going to bring it to the Depot to check it out. Any other suggestions?? Kinda desperate here.

I’d check the fuse as you mentioned, if that checks out ok and you have power at your outlet… I’d recommend calling CC customer service, your controller may have went out! I hear their customer service is top notch! Sorry I can’t be of more help!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Not GFCI, power to the outlet is fine and is the power outlet I've been using since we moved in here. No luck with the fuse so far..nobody seems to have it in stock as it's 4A, not 1, 3, or 5. Had to resort to oven to cook. :( Will be calling Camp Chef tomorrow. Thanks to those who reached out!

Just as a test, you can substitute ANY fuse that fits the socket.
If a 5a will fit and the unit runs properly, just cook on.

ah... i did NOT know that. Clearly, the dude at the Depot didn't either. :) I may swing by and try that on Monday.

For that matter (and for the less risk-adverse among us) you COULD wrap tin foil around the questionable fuse and do a quick on/off test.
If it powers up, then go buy a fuse.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky