Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newbiesmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Huntington, In.
Hello, I just got a Smokey Mountain Series 3005c charcoal smoker this week.
I only paid 40.00 for the grill and cover.(new) My mother works for CFM and they had them for sale.

I have been reading quite a bit before regestering but i definatly have a LOT to learn.

Just wanted to say great site, Brian

Welcome aboard, start reading and learning.

Welcome to the SMF family. Check out Jeff's 5 day e-coarse. It's loaded with great info and it's free. May all you smokes be thin and blue.

Welcome to the SMF Brian!! After poking around in the forums if you have questions please ask!

Welcome to SMF, great group of folks here.

Couple of side questions for you (and your mom). With the bankruptcy, are they continuing to produce GOSM's and Vermont Castings stuff? It's getting pretty hard to find a GOSM around here (Denver). Did they just restructure the debt or are they being bought up? Just curious as I have both brands sitting in my outdoor kitchen :)

KE

hea brian, welcome to smf!!!! people here will have you smokin good stuff in no time. so mebe you should recosider your user name cause u aint gonna be a newbie, or at least smoke like a newby for long. cant wait to share some smokes!!!!

They were bought by a company in Paris Ky. I guess they are going to continue making the product just at different factories.

Thanks all for making me feel welcome.

PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif
Welcome to smf ! Be sure and season that baby before q in on it.Should find all the info ya need on seasoning if ya do a search in the smoker section.If not , plenty of good folks here to help !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky