Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nellinger

Original poster
Apr 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I live in ohio and have been smoking for about 4 years now. I have a New Bradley original smoker and just obtained a 24" smoke vault. Have never used a propane smoker so here to get some pointers before my first smoke with it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Welcome to SMF!
Nice to have you here.

I've had a CCSV24" for a little while now and am enjoying it very much, satisfied customer.
There are a few things to watch for...

The burner is susceptible to being blown out by strong winds.
Wood or cardboard on three side pretty much eliminates this problem.

It's burner control is very touchy, make very small adjustments, observe burner when making adjustments till you get used to making them.
A little goes a long way, take up the slack in the knob till it resists and then make 1/16" change at a time.

It takes a bit to attain higher temps, but it'll get there, e.g. temp 350'-400'F.

Chunks work better than chips for me.

Use the search function and read past postings on the CCSV smokers.

The SV24 is a fantastic smoker.

I've had one for several years.

It will only take a couple of smokes to get it figured out.

I use chips & chunks to get the smoke rolling, then add 1 chunk every hour or when it stops smoking.

After a few times you will be able to tell just by looking at the flame, what the temp will be.

Al

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky