Hello from Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brad29

Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Hey everyone. I am new to BBQ. Well, I am new to making it myself, I've eaten it for years!
biggrin.gif

I live in Virgina and got a a CharBroil H20 for Christmas. Today is my 2nd attempt at smoking. I smoked a fattie the first time to break in the smoker. Today I am smoking a butt and maybe another fattie.

I look forward to reading all of the expert opinions on here!

Glad to have you as part of the SMF. Try and get some Q View for us, it's our version of show and tell.

Welcome to the forum Brad you'll find lots of good info here and good people. Happy smokin

Hey Brad29,

A man has never gone wrong with smoking butts and fatties. Please bring us Q-view. Always slip some beer in there.

I posted this in another thread but I bailed out on my pork butt today. After 7 hours or so and the meat only at 145 degrees, I wrapped it in foil and slapped it in a nice, consistent 270 degree oven.

For future reference where do I do Q-view? The meat looks pretty but at 145 degrees I'm afraid to eat it.
frown.gif

Hi Folks,

I'm a returning member. Been grilling and smoking for years but I learned the best techniques from listening to you all, and reading the newsletter.Thanks!

I've just discovered adding flavor with grapevines to my wood. Awesome aroma. Just threw some on the grill from the monster grapevines that were planted years ago between my and my neighbours homes. Wow.

A good grilled chili pepper is great with meat, especially an ancho that sweetens up real nice on the grill. I grow the fiery thai dragons and serranos, and they are good to munch on too.

Look forward to participating in the forum this time around!

Hi Brad - welcome to the smoking community, and SMF! Glad to have newbies join and watch them progress with their smokes (hence we need lots o' q-vue!!).

As a newb to smoking, do yourself a favor and sign up for Jeff's free 5-day eCourse. Here's a link:

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

5 separate emails provide a wealth of information that I continue to refer to from time to time.

Look forward to your future posts!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky