Hello from VA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lieuhm

Original poster
Mar 18, 2023
Virginia
hello all,

right in Norfolk va, 22 years old, new dad, trying to learn how to smoke like a pro for me and my wife, hoping to learn lots and eventually compete in a comp.

currently teaching myself recipes on a pellet grill, pit boss pro series, looking to soon get a more traditional smoker. For sure looking for recommendations on that

i am looking to up my pork game, and expand into more seafood.

alongside my pit boss smoker I have a Blackstone classic 36in which I’ve been using for breakfasts, smash burgers (obviously) and making amazing sears on my reverse sear steaks.

looking to poke through some brains on how to improve my pork rib game in particular and I am looking for some good threads discussing such

Cant wait to learn from y’all!
-liam

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome Liam from Colorado. Post up your questions or use the search feature at the top of the page, there is more information here than you can process so take it all one bite at a time. Glad to have you aboard.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Welcome. I use to live in a small town called Wachapreague a little over an hour north of you on the eastern shore

Welcome from Mississippi! Glad to have you aboard. Look forward to your pics posts and questions.
But be forewarned....Get a secret credit card for all the stuff your "gonna need" that you dont want the wife knowing your buying. :emoji_laughing::emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

Jim

Reactions: lieuhm
Welcome from West ‘by-God’ Virginia!

Some of the local competition guys run an Ugly Drum smoker and I myself have one along with my other grills and smokers. Each has a place and purpose. Stick with us and we can learn from you and you from us!

PS…Lumber Jack wood pellets are best! Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky