Hello from Utah

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smalls

Original poster
Feb 14, 2016
Utah
Well, I'm new to smoking. I live in Utah. I got a WSM in Dec and my wife absolutely hates the taste of charcoal smoked meats. (Maybe I was doing something wrong, who knows!) So I decided to switch over to a pellet grill. I got a Camp Chef 36" smoker pro last night. Not sure if it's the best, but I imagine it will suite me just fine for now. I plan on smoking a couple Boston butts tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out all the tricks to the trade of pellet smoking!

Welcome here Sir, are you letting your meat come up to room temp before putting it into the smoker?  

cold meat = condensation   water and smoke = creosote.  Don't ask how I learned that.

Keep on smokin'                   Ed

Gearjammer, thanks for the advise! I didn't know that. I let it sit for a little, but probably not long enough. I'll make sure my meat gets to room temp before putting it on the smoker from now on.

Welcome to SMF!

Unfortunately some people just don't like smoked meat period.  
icon_cry.gif

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky