Hello from the Pacific Northwest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrisblunck

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
North Bonneville Washington
My name is Chris and I have been a smoker for the last 12 years.  ( Sounds a lot like a 12 step program )  My first smoker was a Little chief electric smoker that I plum wore out smoking salmon in.  After a couple of years using the burner in a tin can never having any consistant results, I decided to upgrade to the bigger tin can the Big Chief.  Unfortunately for me my results were no more consistant.  (One of the drawbacks of a cold east wind)  About the same time a good friend of mine bought a Bradley electric that took his smoking to a whole new level.  Being the cheap skate I am though, I could not stomach the idea of being stuck only using Bradley's pucks.  So my fish smoking continued to suffer.  Then finally in 2011 I purchased what I saw as the solution to all my problems the Masterbuilt electric smokehouse.  I now finally had an insulated smoke box and crude digital temperature control.  Unfortunately though, I still had to dump chips every 40 minutes or so, and was not getting that beautiful TBS  that is until I discovered the AMNPS.  Now it's all smoking history.  I smoke at least every other weekend now and have made a few modifications to my smoker.  I regularly do pulled pork, brisket, turkeys and of course my favorite hot and cold smoked salmon.  One of these day's , I might even invest in a charcoal smoker. By the way, I live in North Bonneville, WA

Last edited:
Hi Chris! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

Good morning fellow Washingtonian.. I also have a MES40 and it works great here on these cold winter nights. Glad to have you on board.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky