Hello from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wolfmann

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Richmond Texas
HI

My name is Heinz and I live in the great state of Texas. I have been smoking and grilling for over 30 years and still enjoy it every time i fire up the equipment.

I started building smokers and pits a little over a year ago and enjoy it very much. I will add a couple of pictures to this. Now I am learning about reverse flow smokers and that is how I found this forum. I have a 30" smoker that I finished a little while ago and have been using. It work great but I want to make it a reverse smoker. Right of the bet I have one question. On a normal smoker I put my stack centered on the lower rack to keep the smoke and heat in. On a reverse smoker would that be the same position?

See just got here and already asking. LOL  

Wolfmann,

Great looking equipment you got there!

I love that pit with the adjustable grill. I saw that on TV at one of the celebrity's favorite smoked food joints---I think it was Bobby Flays favorite.

Now that you showed us that stuff, we are gonna really expect some Great Qview from you! That and your Texas location!

Bear

:welcome1: to SMF!! You build some nice looking rigs. I have also gotten in building smokers. It's almost as much fun as using them. Reverse flow is the best I have seen yet. As far as your stack. You can use the same placement as you have on ther now, just move it to the other end. That is the same placement I used for my big build. You can see the build pics on "new project as a humble beginning".

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Thanks for the great welcome here. I will try to fire the smoker up Monday and if i do i post a couple of pictures. After that I will rebuild it to a reverse smoker and then learn how to use it. I love the smoker you build Fourashleys and that does show me exactly what i need to do with mine. I also like the out of the box thinking. That is how my upright was born. LOL

Right now I am building a dutch oven table for a guy from Lubbock. Never seen one but thanks to the Internet I know what it is. I will post some pictures of it too.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Also for those of you new to smoking,  Get a good Probe Thermometer as we smoke by Temperature NOT TIME.

A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

Hello Heinz, and welcome to the SMF. Looks like you've got a passion. It's all good my friend.

Impressive as hell. Wow.
welcome1.gif

HI

My name is Heinz and I live in the great state of Texas. I have been smoking and grilling for over 30 years and still enjoy it every time i fire up the equipment.

I started building smokers and pits a little over a year ago and enjoy it very much. I will add a couple of pictures to this. Now I am learning about reverse flow smokers and that is how I found this forum. I have a 30" smoker that I finished a little while ago and have been using. It work great but I want to make it a reverse smoker. Right of the bet I have one question. On a normal smoker I put my stack centered on the lower rack to keep the smoke and heat in. On a reverse smoker would that be the same position?

See just got here and already asking. LOL
1de93ad7_24smokerMike021.jpg

211dab14_smokernewdesign.jpg

d292eab5_DSC00883.jpg

812a9a6f_smokernew001.jpg

added a grate to set a pot on to this one

f2c18766_smokernew009.jpg

My upright design

aa155696_IMG_0475.jpg

and this is the one I want to rework as a reverse flow smoker

d28f4310_24smokerSmall003.jpg

Hope you don't mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky