Hello from St. Louis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smellthatsmoke

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Just Joined the forum today!

I am from a small town in Illinois just outside St. Louis. I have just started learning to smoke meats. I have been grilling for a few years and always just ate ribs and pulled pork from restaurants. About a year ago My wife asked her boss if she could bring home a Brinkmann Smoke'n Pit Pitmaster that was sitting behind her office. He said yes, and thats when my smoking experience began. I started with ribs, and after several so-so batches through trial and error, I finally got the method down. I have been hooked ever since, and i will start branching out into other types of meat soon. My next task is to master pulled pork. I have tried half-heartedly to smoke a pork roast i had in the freezer, and for not knowing what i was doing it turned out ok, but not great!

Anyway it's great to be here...talk to you all soon

Welcome aboard. Keep reading, and be open to learning. Soon you will be turning out product that will make all of your family and friends hanging out at your house.

Smellthatsmoke,
Welcome to the forum! There is no doubt in my mind that this is the primo smoking forum on the web. I think, in time, you will agree. There's an awful lot of information here and it's all good. Tulsa Jeff's eschool on smoking is great. If you have the inclination, check it out. It's very well worth the time. Welcome aboard and post often!

hello hello
my apartment is in st. ann.
thats in north st.louis county.
my corner is st.charles rock road.
i live about 2 miles from lambert airport.

but-- i spend most of my time at my honey's margaret...

my smoker is there...
thats st clair,mo..
franklin county.

about 60 miles out I 44 from downtown...

back in the 70's--
when you could not buy beer or alcohol in missouri on sunday.

i went across j.b. bridge many times to columbia for firewater..

if you want to learn different ways to think about smoking--
your at the right place..

STS, glad to have you here at SMF. Pork butt is the most forgiving piece of meat to mess up on. It will take temp. spikes better than other meats. Check out the Pork Forum and visit a few of the Pulled Pork threads for ideas and to see what others have done. Don't forget to take a look at Soflaquer's Finishing Sauce for Pulled Pork. It is a must have!!

Enjoy!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky