hello from southern california

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbk

Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
figured i would stop in and say hello and tell a little about myself. I know nothing about smoking meat, I got alot to learn. I got a text from my brother in Houston the other day ( he is big into smoking meat) saying I have a box showing up this past Saturday. Saturday comes and a weber smoker is delivered. after putting it together, me and the wife run to the store buy some charcoal, wood chips and seasoning. we come home and read up some and start a seasoning run. when it's about done we deside to throw a dozen eggs on just because (lol saw this on internet also). they turned out great. I don't think we will boil eggs again, just throw a couple dozen on when we run the smoker.
Sunday we decided to smoke some chickens we had butchered the weekend before. seasoned them up with some store bought seasoning and let them rip. we kept two of them and gave my kid and her husband one. they were delicious. we also had two bonless/skinless breasts we soaked in teryaki sauce we threw them on for the fun of it, they came owe great.now I'm kind of hooked now.
I'm a big into hunting so now we are looking forward to smoking turkeys, ducks, pheasants, quail and chukar, and game sausage.
I'm planning on soaking about 10 pounds of chukar breast, i have from gunning for a navhda, event in teriyaki (going off how the boneless/skinless chicken came out) and smoking that this weekend.
anyway like i said in hooked now. I know I have alot to learn and look forward to trying new things.

Attachments

• 20180715_174655.jpg
    20180715_174655.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome from another SoCal newB! Really easy to get hooked! You will be cursing him soon after you start spending lol!

great...another expensive habit. my poor wife already has to deal with my hunting habit and hardly seeing me during hunting season lol

great...another expensive habit. my poor wife already has to deal with my hunting habit and hardly seeing me during hunting season lol
LOL! Welcome to the forum! The wife will see plenty of you during those long smokes.

Mike

Hello to you! Now that I've looked up what navda and chukar are, it all sounds pretty cool! Haven't seen anyone smoke a chukar yet.

yea navhda is cool. I don't test my dog I just hunt him. I volunteer for a friend and in exchange I keep birds and clean field with my dog. chukar is good stuff. size wise it between a pheasant and quail, but tastes 10 times better.

Welcome to the forum from another So Cal resident. You will find an information overload about smoking here. It's a great place to find new ideas and inspirations. Plus, there are a lot of great guys and ladies on here. Being able to interact with them is another positive experience you will find on the forum. Enjoy your stay and your smoking journey.

George

yea navhda is cool. I don't test my dog I just hunt him. I volunteer for a friend and in exchange I keep birds and clean field with my dog. chukar is good stuff. size wise it between a pheasant and quail, but tastes 10 times better.

Sounds good! Email me some...;)

I think chukar would make a great post, start to finish, as would quail and peasant. I'll be looking out for it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky