Hello from Port Orchard, WA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

freddh

Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Hi,

I am a retired dude that has nothing but time on my hands. Grew up in a family restaurant but never cooked professionally except that I did own a catering service. I spend my time searching various forums for ideas, recipes and just learning what others are doing. Right now my main focus has been on dry aging beef and cooking same. My meat locker (freezer) is full of USDA Prime rib eye steaks, prime ribs for two, prime ribs for Christmas, Tri-Tips and sirloin steaks. All dry aged from 21 days to 60 days (my preference for steaks). I saw a post regarding  Tri-Tip on a Sunday Afternoon and that lead me to this forum. So far I've been impressed as there is a lot of good info to be found here. My toys? BGE, both gas and charcoal Weber's, an electric smoker primarily for making bacon. Just finished curing and smoking ham slices - first time out, turned out pretty good. I use both mesquite and oak lump charcoal and now have red oak chunks for Santa Maria-style Tri-Tips. My moniker stems from a play my first and least name. Glad to be here!

Port Orchard! I used to live in Silverdale at the Sub Base and when I got out I worked there for a short while. Many many beers in Port Orchard. Many good times and many good memories out there! Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. I live north of you in BC, Canada.

I only started smoking last fall and had limited success until I found this forum. There is so much information in the forums and the experienced members give great advice.

With your background, I look forward to learning from your posts!

Disco

Welcome to the forum. I live north of you in BC, Canada.

I only started smoking last fall and had limited success until I found this forum. There is so much information in the forums and the experienced members give great advice.

With your background, I look forward to learning from your posts!

Disco
Ah.. I've gotten my car towed in BC. .. Good times good times lol

Last edited:
Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

You should sign up for Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, and it's great!  This is chock full of great information....no matter what your experience level might be!

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

Welcome aboard!  You've found a great place for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask and someone here will have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky