Hello from Ottawa Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sam

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Ottawa
Good Day Eh:

Just got a new "Smokey Mountain Series Great Outdoors" gas smoker, but had been raining for the last 3 days here, so I haven't been able to try it yet. I have been reading and learning from Smoking-Meat.com and this forum, I can't wait to start, it will be my first time.

Is anyone familiar or has opinion with the smoker I got? Would like to hear what you know or think about it.

Thanks,

Sam

Welcome to SMF Sam. You have yourself a fine smoker. I have the GOSM Widebody model myself. Several others on the board have the GOSM smokers too. Check out the Propane Thread for additional information.

Howdy Sam.

I've owned 4 GOSM smokers but presently have 2. I stop and look at them in the stores too
wink.gif
, so I'm familiar. Congrats on the new smoker! :D Fire it up and let it run 2 or 3 hours without anything in it. This will allow the paint to cure. At first you may smell an off, funky smell but it will eventually clear up. Then you may opt to coat the inside of your smoker with vegetable oil and season it.

Howdy Sam, welcome to SMF. This is a wonderfule place to learn and share so don't be afraid to ask questions. Also keep us updated on all your smoking adventures, we love a good story.

Wow, first post and I got 4 replies, what a friendly forum, thanks for the encouragements.

Was going to try it out today, but it starting to rain again here, it suppose to be nice this weekend, so I will give it a try than. Thanks for correcting the name of my smoker, I guess I got it backwards, it must be a popular model in the States. To be honest, I been meaning to starting this years ago, but didn't like the models they sell here, I guess smoking is not as popular up here in the Great White North. I jump on this when Home Depot started carrying it, they said I was the first to purchase it in Ottawa!

Will let you know on my first try.

Have a good one,

Sam

I hate the rain! Vancouver island has had so much sun the last couple days i got burnt. :P

It's a 30" upright, I am assuming it's a regular, they only had one model for sale at Home Depot.

I hate the rain! Vancouver island has had so much sun the last couple days i got burnt. :P[/quote]

Hey Bbqlitz,

That's unusual for Vancuover, it seem you guys get more rain then sun or is Vancouver Island different than Vancouver?

Welcome!!! There are vast amounts of knowledge to tap into here. I suspect its all the Old Timers hanging around. BTW, seeing more canuks around here and thats a good thing. Reminds me of a joke....

How does a Canadian spell Canada?
C - eh? - N - eh? - D -eh?

(ROFLMAO)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky