Hello from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FenHoglore

Original poster
Sep 14, 2020
A quick hello to you all...
I have been learning a lot while looking at this forum and finally joined... 1st smoker was a "little chief", many years ago, to make simple venison jerky. My 2nd was a homebuilt wooden smoker (see pics below) that my son and I used to make jerky and snack sticks for his wedding, back in 2010, since the "little chief" gave up the smoke.... LOL. Besides it was way to small for the task.

My son had the honor of stuffin'm.. after all, it was from the 6-point he got on the opening morning of bow season 2010 and for his wedding reception.
Venison Snack Sticks for wedding - ready for smoker.png

Here is the smoker we put together back in 2010.. simple, but effective... That's the 25lb batch of venison snack sticks in the prior pic, 10lbs of it with cheddar cheese in the mix. There are 3 rows hangin'. The longer ropes are about 5 feet long. The turned out great.

Venison Snack Sticks for wedding .png

Looking forward to a new build and a lot more learning.

Reactions: mike243 and tbern
hi and welcome to the forum from Minnesota. nice little smoker you guys made!! those snack sticks look great! enjoy your time here.

Reactions: FenHoglore
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky