Hello from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Twomorestrokes

Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
I'm new to the forum and fairly new to front porch smoking. I've got a very worn Char-Griller offset and recently upgraded to an Oklahoma Joe Highland reverse flow offset. I've had some great success and I've had some failures so I'm always looking for good advice!

Welcome y'all from South Carolina. I have the Highland forward flow and it has produced a lot of good food in the 2+ years that I've had it, but it was time to upgrade to a larger offset. I would recommend a gasket kit and clamps to seal the doors, especially the cook chamber door. Keep the smoke stack cleaned out and as with all stick burners, keep the firebox cleaned out after each use to prevent it from rusting out over time.

For fire management, here's a good video to watch

Reactions: Twomorestrokes
Welcome y'all from South Carolina. I have the Highland forward flow and it has produced a lot of good food in the 2+ years that I've had it, but it was time to upgrade to a larger offset. I would recommend a gasket kit and clamps to seal the doors, especially the cook chamber door. Keep the smoke stack cleaned out and as with all stick burners, keep the firebox cleaned out after each use to prevent it from rusting out over time.

For fire management, here's a good video to watch

Thank you! Before use I added Lava Rock clamps, seal kit, extra gauge, and made simple supports for the fire box. After first cook, I changed out the stamped baffle trays for a heavy baffle plate. I bought this model so I could easily use it as a grill as well, but don't like getting it so dirty so I still use my old Chargriller as a grill only.
20210608_064046.jpg
20210608_064127_HDR.jpg
20210226_172919.jpg

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky