Hello from hellinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stick-man

Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone, I just joined looking to discuss jerky making. I've been making it for a couple years now. I started with a small round dehydrator, moved up to double oven, and now just received the largest Cabela's dehydrator for fathers day. I like to think go big or go home!!! lol So I start with 50+ lbs of meat each time I make it. Well, I look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks. Dean

Welcome to the site, there are lots of jerky makers here.

Chris

Welcome from Indiana!! I also enjoy jerky making and have done so with decent (IMO) results. My jerky making is controlled by when top round goes on sale :D (yes, I know you can use other cuts of meat). I've also made it from ground chuck but that is a different beast all-together.

You'll find lots of info here. Look forward to seeing some of your results and recipes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky