Hello from Garland TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fraser

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
Garland, TX
Newbie old fart from Garland,TX. Graduate of the OhBuggerIBurntIt culinary school. I’m a product of sterling culinary lineage, mother “I can burn water” and father (of vulcanized shrimp fame), I was marginally adept at cooking spaghetti-Os.
About 8 yrs ago, my beloved had several back surgeries, leaving yours truly in charge of nutritional sustenance, a task this ex-engineer was, at best, dubiously qualified. Being pathologically afraid of stoves, I reverted to FIRE.
I’m proud of my ‘outdoor kitchen’, albeit low(no)-budget. My workhorse is a Coyote gasser with rotisserie and sear, a Rec-Tec 680 pellet-pooper, a small collection of Weber kettles and my latest creation, a 55gal drum (a very U UDS) smoker.
Hoping to learn from all you wonderful chefs & pitmasters!

Welcome from Iowa! And a great intro! Glad you joined us.

Ryan

Welcome from Mississippi! I also was of the "barely able to microwave soup" group. Great group of folks here. Glad you joined up with us.

Jim

Welcome from Virginia! Oh man, your intro had me laughing! Looking forward to your threads! So much to learn and get inspired from here from some great people. You’re going to have fun!

Welcome Fraser!!
Like Al said, There's plenty of us Old Guys wandering the Halls of SMF, and wondering where the heck they are.

Bear

Welcome from NY, your write up is hilarious, can't wait to read some of your cook posts. For someone "forced" into the cooking roll you certainly jumped in with both feet. My prediction is after being here a little bit a Blackstone griddle will be added to your collection...lol
This is so true! But fair warning...we are all a bunch of enablers! We are more than happy to tell you what you need and spend your money! Take clifish clifish for example...he was enabled into a new weber kettle and rotisserie! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Welcome from Central Texas, just northwest of Austin at the Gateway to the Hill Country.

Careful now Steve. With that batch of Amish eggs you just put together this might take on a whole new meaning :emoji_laughing:

Robert

And with the pickled sausage? That could be bad!

This is so true! But fair warning...we are all a bunch of enablers! We are more than happy to tell you what you need and spend your money! Take clifish clifish for example...he was enabled into a new weber kettle and rotisserie! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Took him long enough though!
Ha, yeah but I only had a $30 used electric smoker when I joined here, look below as to what it blew up too. This place costs me as much money as my Jeep Wrangler forum costs me!

Yup! But isn't it fun? Being broke that is!
At least the wife does not complain since I now do most of the cooking. The best thing about Covid is that we both work from home full time and it does not look like that is going to change. There is no way I would have the time to do the kind of meals I like to do when only getting home at 6.30 pm from the office.

Ryan

And we ain't done with " accessorizing" clifish clifish yet and he knows it. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky