Hello from a UK meat lover !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerky meister

Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
South Wales
Hi chaps, a friend we send jerky to in the states suggested I post on here as I have a small and rather cheeky request, we run a small business in the UK, myself and my wife, we make My Brittle Pony ( 9 horse jerkies), Watership Doom ( 5 rabbit jerkies ) and about 40 other types of jerky from goat, lamb, bacon, venison, if it moves we'll jerk it ! making all our own marinades, we make a copy of the jerky eaten on the Lewis and Clark expedition and also demonstrate outdoor meat drying and smoking. I'll cut to the chase, we had a small fire in our workshop which meant we lost 30% of our drying capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stan Laurel of Laurel&Hardy once said, "I'm from the South.... South London."    Many years ago I was in the UK for a couple of years with the Air Force and toured all over including Wales. Had to wait for the sheep to clear the road before passing!  The roads made 30mph seem like a race course, loved it. I've read a lot about Lewis & Clark and always marveled that they basically ate nothing but meat the entire journey. Sorry about the fire, hope it's made whole again soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky