• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello everyone!

Joined Jun 30, 2020
I wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the community. My name is Shaun, and I live in a state where people think bbq is hotdogs and hamburgers (Wisconsin). I have been involved in REAL bbq/smoking for over 10 years now and have done some smaller competitions with some pretty good luck. For smoking rigs I have a Z-Grill Pellet smoker, a Masterbilt 44" electric vertical smoker, WSM, Weber Kettle, and a homemade UDS.

Recently my oldest daughter who is 5 has taken an interest in helping me cook, so we started posting some videos on YouTube. I find it awesome to get to teach kids about this great, and delicious, hobby.

Thanks for reading, look forward to seeing some great stuff on here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammond guy

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Welcome from western wisconsin. I grew up thinking dogs, burgers, and very well done chicken were bbq and salt, pepper, and ketchup was as exotic as it got.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Welcome from Green Bay. There are more folks in WI that know what good BBQ is than you think. ;) I agree that Wisconsin culture may not be too heavily versed on smoke and BBQ but I will put a Wisconsinite up against anyone making sausages.

Happy smoking and hope to see some pics of your cooks...

JC :emoji_cat:

Joined Jun 30, 2020
Welcome from Green Bay. There are more folks in WI that know what good BBQ is than you think. ;) I agree that Wisconsin culture may not be too heavily versed on smoke and BBQ but I will put a Wisconsinite up against anyone making sausages.

Happy smoking and hope to see some pics of your cooks...

JC :emoji_cat:
Here's a shot from the rib video we just did last weekend....

Attachments

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.