Hello everyone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic!   I just did my first pulled pork in my MES30 last weekend.     Looks like a nice shoulder there.    How heavy is it?    And are you going to do it low (225ish) or high (275ish)?

Excited to see your results.

The one in the picture is a hair under three pounds, I have a second one as well that's going in for some friends that's exactly the same weight. I preheated it to 250 when I threw the meat in to "burn off" some of the moisture that the rub pulled out and then lowered it to 235 for the remainder of the cook. Also they're gonna get wrapped around the 160 degree mark. I'm just an hour in at this point and everything looks good so far! I just put in my water dish and have got some pineapple juice in it, not sure how much flavor will transfer to the meat though. I'll post more pictures when it looks prettier. I'm excited for these too bud, there's nothing like the first time!

Yup, does sound good.    Let me know what you think of foiling them.    Just for speed I imagine?    I left mine straight but had planned a  really long cook since the shortest times just didn't work out (with sleeping) so I went super long instead and had a 8 hour sleep in the middle.   
icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to the site. Folks here are eager to share their ideas, tips, recipes and anything else that you may need. All you have to do is ask. I usually wrap butts @ 160* to help them thru the stall. I don't wrap ribs, etc. because I like a little tug and not FOTB. Good luck and good smoking, Joe

Great minds think alike Cael! I have my smoker just outside my living room window so I've been taking a small nap here and there where I can hear my temp alarm going off. From what I read recently wrapping will help out with cooking alot, Take a look and see what you make of it.http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/the_stall.html

I agree with you on the unwrapped ribs Joe, isn't the best part of ribs biting into em and getting sauce everywhere? And thank you for the welcome!

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another sunny and hot day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks Gary! I've already noticed there's a lot if great folks on here, and am looking forward to sharing my new hobby.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky