Hello dear Smokers!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gargarean

Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Good Day

My name is Antonios. I love charcoal BBQ and have been doing it for years. I used open coals and always direct heat, until I met my Weber MasterTouch GBS. Now I've been BBQing all my stuff there, last three years.

Now with the Corona quarantine I was thinking of doing something new to pass the time, so I am trying to smoke stuff in my kettle. I am a total newbie at smoking. Hope to exchange a lot of nice recipes and pictures with you guys!

Reactions: swampsmoker89
Welcome aboard, happy to have ya join the fun. There are plenty of kettle users here. So if you have any questions just fire away

Chris

Reactions: swampsmoker89
Hey Antonios welcome! I'm brand new here too and also am looking forward to expanding my smoking skill. I picked up the cheapest smoker I could find at lowes "Masterbuilt b10" 4 days ago. since then I've smoked brisket and turkey legs and both came out great in my opinion! today I smoke a Picanha pics will be posted.

Welcome from MA. I have smoked on my kettle and it's worked out awesomely. Those charcoal baskets work great. I use one to keep it low and slow, 225 to 250, and use both baskets to get 300 plus. I just did a Turkey breast yesterday with some pecan wood. Anyway glad your here and there is a wealth of knowledge here. Alot of members here have tons of experience and are always ready to lend a helping hand.

Question, do you have a pit thermometer? If not take a look at what Inkbird has to offer. There are very economical and work great. I have two of them and they have been flawless.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky