Hello BBQ World

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe sausage

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Hi SMF, I'm a newbie to the forum but I've been reading on here for the past year to gain tips and knowledge.   Amazing stuff you guys post and glad to have finally joined the community.  Texas by birth but located in the San Diego Area.  I've got a Traeger Lil' Tex Elite and a Weber Smokey Mountain.  Mostly in to pulled pork, sausage, ribs, and brisket.  Trying to dial in my own sauce and rub recipes for the different meats.  Lots of trial and error but lots of fun to experiment nonetheless.  Smoking a 9lb ham for Thanksgiving today.

My wife and I are expecting the birth of our first child any day now (A BOY!!!!) and can't wait to enjoy this holiday season with our new addition.

How bout them Cowboys today!

Brent

welcome1.gif
Glad you finally decided to come out of the shadows and join us.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

I appreciate the welcome Gary.  Nice to see a fellow East Texan on here.  I'm originally from the metropolis they call Marshall.  Where the sun never sets on opportunity.

We first moved to Longview / White Oak in 1978, real familiar with Marshall been a long time since I was over there, was a meat packer/ butcher shop kind of down town that had some of the best hog head cheese I ever had.

Gary

Gary, that would be Abraham's Grocery.  That location closed down several years ago but there is still one location on the East side of town.  I actually worked there when I was a kid.  I forget who the supplier was of the hog head cheese but I remember it always came delivered in a large ceramic bowl.  We would cut it up and package for sale.

That's it, wow been a long time. keep in touch with post and pictures.

Gary

Hello Brent and welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky