Hello All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lectro88

Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
Midland NC
Ok, So Here goes,

I have been smoking and grilling a long time at age 48. and still make pretty big screw ups.

Have built many trailer cookers (heavy) with stainless burner tubes that I fabbed and drilled 100's holes for V flame.

These were so inefficient its a shame of the metal used and time welding and art. not really used any more it needs to be at a church or something. as a few steaks and a dozen chickens don't justify firing it up. Its just too big.I think grate was 48x60.

I have an old Master forge think it was charcoal grill but I use for smoker. Just bought Oklahoma Joes smoker.

Have cooked on a grate and 2 cinder blocks back in my younger days. So I'd claim to be a seasoned cooker but I am second guessing myself after the second cooking on this O.J.

oddest thing for me I don't do Pork but I have cooked several hogs out for big groups but I don't consume oinker and many may consider me un-American for this. Just how I was raised and I stick by that. I really don't like the smell of pork cooking either. But to each their own if you like it have at it I say. 

I'll survive with moo moo and cluck cluck.

Oh, I'm from North Carolina. Born, raised and live on same about 20 acres. For almost 50 yrs.

Cheers everyone and thanks for having me.

Last edited:
:welcome: and great to have ya. I'm new myself.. cooked and did stuff on grills for years . Moved on from but still love the big kettle .
Hope you enjoy yourself here. It been fun and helps to fill the time in when I'm bored. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots of               great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky