Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I have an older Landmann Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker and the heating element is shot. The part # is ES0058. After many attempts with Appliance Factory parts amongst others, I can not find this element any where. Does someone know of a replacement they have used? or do I take measurements of the cabinet and find another that will fit in the allotted space. Any assistance will be apreciated. THANKS
Never did find a replacement. I will be attempting to utilize a circular element from a used electric stove. Even if the stove is 220 and the smoker is 110, it will only produce 50 % heat but that is still enough to produce 300 degrees which is enough when smoking. I will post when it is completed and the results. If u attempt this, please respond.
Never did find a replacement. I will be attempting to utilize a circular element from a used electric stove. Even if the stove is 220 and the smoker is 110, it will only produce 50 % heat but that is still enough to produce 300 degrees which is enough when smoking. I will post when it is completed and the results. If u attempt this, please respond.
220 element on 110 produces 25% of the wattage
Example if you use a 8" 2100 W element it will put out 525 W
I'm searching as a number of people have purchased a 110V counter top burner to replace a burned out element. They all used an independent heat controller such as an Auber PiD
I replaced the old element in my big chief smoker with a element from a Proctor Silex counter top burner that is controlled by one of my Auber PIDs. Soooo awesome.
I plan on trying the element from a stove as it will still heat to desired temps and i can still use the current temp controller which works fine. Thanks for the info.
I replaced the old element in my big chief smoker with a element from a Proctor Silex counter top burner that is controlled by one of my Auber PIDs. Soooo awesome.
I remember you corrected me on the voltage and wattage drop.
To me the links you provided are over kill. A simple heating element harvested from a counter top combined with stock or aftermarket controller should do the job.
Here's the link from a year ago I found
As I'll be controlling this using only the Auber PID, is there any reason I SHOULDN'T simply wire the hot plate to the BC cord and be done with it (in other words, eliminating the hot plate control knob/light)? It looks like it'll work, but I don't know if changing the cord from a 2-prong to a...
I plan on trying the element from a stove as it will still heat to desired temps and i can still use the current temp controller which works fine. Thanks for the info.
Not at all familiar with your Landmann. Does it use the heating element to produce the smoke as in heating the chips? A 1/4 power range top element may not get hot enough to put the chips in smoke mode.
Memory comes back to me. You were one of the conversions I remember.
I remember you corrected me on the voltage and wattage drop.
To me the links you provided are over kill. A simple heating element harvested from a counter top combined with stock or aftermarket controller should do the job.
Here's the link from a year ago I found
As I'll be controlling this using only the Auber PID, is there any reason I SHOULDN'T simply wire the hot plate to the BC cord and be done with it (in other words, eliminating the hot plate control knob/light)? It looks like it'll work, but I don't know if changing the cord from a 2-prong to a...
www.smokingmeatforums.com
Not at all familiar with your Landmann. Does it use the heating element to produce the smoke as in heating the chips? A 1/4 power range top element may not get hot enough to put the chips in smoke mode.
Heating element heats pan with chips to provide smoke. I am going to attempt the element(simple install) and will provide results. Thanks for the input.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.