Heading Out to Visit Some Forum Friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Tracy and I are leaving out early tomorrow morning for our first vacation of any sort in about 8 years. She wanted to see the mountain areas around NC and TN, like the Great Smokey Mountain National Park and a few other places. The closest airport that SWA flies into that we can use air miles and fly for free is Nashville. Lo and behold, our good friend TNJAKE TNJAKE lives really close to Nashville. Tracy and I will be hooking up with Jake and his amazing wife Emily tomorrow night for beers and dinner. Well, we might get some food but you can rest assured there WILL be beer involved :emoji_laughing: Friday morning we're heading east to a little town just southwest of Knoxville. Interestingly enough, it's about 10 minutes from another good friend, SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan We will be hooking up with John and his wife for beers and dinner...(repeat scenario with Jake and Emily :emoji_astonished: ) Saturday we're renting a motorcycle and doing a huge road trip through some of the most sought after riding destinations in the country. Sunday will be cave tours, underground lake tours, winery tours, and God only knows what else Tracy will come up with. Monday we hang around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for a bit then head back to Nashville where we may hook up with Jake and Emily again. That one is still up in the air. All in all, should be a great time. Needless to say, I'll be somewhat incommunicado for a few days so if I miss a post or three, please understand that I'm just out having fun :emoji_wink:

Robert

Safe travels, I would avoid the dragon on a motorcycle. lot of nuts from other places wanting to race everybody.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky