HAWG MEAT WITH A BABY GOBBLER (sandwich pics added)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I saw a couple of videos of folks smoking 3 pound boneless turkey breast. Decided to give it a shot along with a pork loin roast. Can't fire up the stick burner without some HAWG meat. Brined the baby gobbler with a mixture of Tony's creole seasoning, brown sugar, black pepper and water for about 5 hours. Brushed with with mixture of melted butter, black pepper and salt before I started the cook then one more time about halfway into the cook. Injected the loin with mixture of apple juice and Butcher BBQ Pork Injection. Seasoned lightly with Killer Hogs all purpose seasoning then heavy with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. Basted the loin with my homemade BBQ Sauce 3 times during the last hour of the cook. Smoked with Pecan sticks @ 275 until the little gobbler had internal of 165 and the loin had internal of 145. Let em rest for a bit then sliced. Both were very tender and SUPER moist. Gonna put smoking the little gobblers in my regular smoking rotation.

LOIN SEASONED.jpg

Seasoned, rubbed and injected
LOIN AND TURKEY.jpg

About halfway
TURKEY DONE.jpg

Turkey done
LOIN DONE.jpg

Loin done
SLICED TURKEY.jpg

Turkey
LOIN SLICED.jpg

Loin
CHOPPED LOIN.jpg

Chopped some up then simmered with homemade BBQ sauce
CHOPPED LOIN SANDWICH.jpg

A little mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce and sweet fire Jalapenos

Last edited:
Those are some fine looking vittles you smoked. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

OMG!!!
Those both look Perfect !!
Now I'm Hungry again!
Nice Work, Hawging It !!
Like.

Bear

Nice cook Hawg,
both of those are mighty fine.

Dude that both the Loin and Breast look like some serious sammies materials.
Just ate a late breakfast and am salivating at the thought of big open faced hot pork or turkey sammies.

Nice cook Hawg,
both of those are mighty fine.

Dude that both the Loin and Breast look like some serious sammies materials.
Just ate a late breakfast and am salivating at the thought of big open faced hot pork or turkey sammies.
That is exactly what we plan on doing today. ------- And tomorrow!

Reactions: chilerelleno
Wow....A+ top notch cook. Looks freakin' fantastic from here. Can i have an order of three please? Hold the BBQ sauce though. I'm a purist :emoji_blush:

Worth the wait....
Robert

Thanks Buddy! First time smoking a little baby gobbler LOL. We liked it. Very moist and tender with good flavor. Doing it again soon.

Man beautiful results in both of those!! Great cook. We really like smoking the boneless turkey breasts too.

That turkey looks awesome! Was telling the wife last week we need to do some turkey breasts for Sammy’s for me to take to work for lunch. Now I KNOW we need to!

Hawg They both look great I would need help getting off the chair,while any of that was on the table. POINTS
Richie

Looks absolutely delicious Hawg! I take a sammie right now, please!

Yeah those turkey breasts are good smoking. I buy a bunch on sale during thanksgiving, I still have a few in my freezer. I’ll replenish them next month.

Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky