Hawaiin Linguisa and Liverwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
Hi All -

I tried a couple new recipes yesterday for sausages. Hawaiin Linguisa which is a sweeter version of Portugese Sausage with bit of soy sause and pineapple juice and Liverwurst.

The liverwurst came out good but it's a real PITA! I haven't smoked it yet. The process requires three grindings with a fine blade the liver keep clogging up the blades with stringy stuff. Never noticed liver was so fiberous! After the grindings and spices it has to be boiled for 3 hours. As always I started with a bsic recipe and tweeked it a bit. I thought istead of pork fat I'd add bacon whicj really tasted good in the sausage!

Took me all day to make the sausage no smoking got done yesterday! Maybe tomorrow after work.

The 1st picture is of the first gride of the liverwurst meats
The 2nd picture is after spices and onion were added by hane
The 3rd picture is the final grind efore packing and boiling
The 4th picture is the liverwurst after the boil
The 5th picture is the Hawaiin Linguisa

Here's the pictures:
c38155f6_vbattach12410.jpg

6a790136_vbattach12411.jpg

236fd802_vbattach12407.jpg

2bd0229c_vbattach12408.jpg

8e0211f9_vbattach12409.jpg

Looks great Debi !!! Have you smoked and tasted it yet??? Sounds like if the liverwurst is not knock your socks off good it might be easier to buy a pound of Boarshead...(my favorite brand)
icon_mrgreen.gif

Hi Theresa -

It's excelent! I'm smoking one of the sausages to see what it's like smoked. It is the most time consuming sausage I've made to date!

I don't eat it often once or twice a year. I think I'll be buying boarshead too. Killed my whole smoking day! Good thing you can freeze it.

Haven't tried the Linguisa yet for some reason I threw it right in the freezer - late night I guess.

Guys the Linguisa is real easy and I added bacon instead of pig fat - really good. A dear friend of mine is from Maui and hasn't been home in like 15 years I thought I'd make them for her.

BBB - I don't know how you'd ship food without it going bad.
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif

i believe UPS ships food...vaccuum seal it, you put your food in those liitle styrofoam coolers, if you are frequently shipping food back and forth to the same address then a cheap little 6pack cooker, dry ice,,,lots of duct tape...

i will check UPS and see exactly how they recommend it

We love dry ice here around hallween. Bud likes to answer the door with a piece of dry ice in a cup he's holding for the young trick or treaters.
icon_eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Ahhhh muhahahahahahah! I know you couldn't get it here anymore when I was a kid becuase some kids were playing with it and one lost an eye from it. Guess it's pretty dangerous stuff if you don't handle it properly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky